Receive an error message when try to add a chart to a workbook

  1. #1
    kysiow
    Guest

    Receive an error message when try to add a chart to a workbook

    Hi!;

    When I'm using Excel has faced a problem. When I add multiple charts in a
    workbook, eventually the excel system prompts me an error "No more new fonts
    may be applied in this workbook". I have checked the problem in Microsoft
    Knowledge base and based on the knowledge this problem occurs because of the
    Auto scale setting. So I followed the instruction to edit the registry value
    and also disable auto scale in each charts. However when I retry to add some
    more charts in same workbook but the same error still came out, so the
    problem still can not solve. Therefore anyone has better solution to solve
    the problem due to I need to add large amount of charts due to project
    requirement. The error cause me a lot of problem.

    Thanks & Regards

  2. #2
    John
    Guest

    RE: Receive an error message when try to add a chart to a workbook

    The .AutoScale property is for scaling 3D charts, not the object fonts. You
    need to set the .AutoScaleFont properties of the various objects to prevent
    them from automatically scaling.

    See Jon Peltier's site for other discussion on autoscaling:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html

    John