Geographic Mapping

  1. #1
    Michel Girard
    Guest

    Geographic Mapping

    I have a set of sales data by city, state and zip code. I am looking to map
    this data - literally on a map so I can visually see, geographically based,
    where sales is going.

    Does anybody know of a way to do this?

    Thanks
    michel

  2. #2
    bj
    Guest

    RE: Geographic Mapping

    in Excel Hmmm!
    pick a map you like Preferably with straight latatude lines
    format a XY chart such that the latatude and longitude for the area of
    interest will
    be covering he area of the map. paste the picture of the map as a background
    for the graph and recheck the limits of he X and Y axis so that they the
    graph is properly lined up.
    make a lookup table with the Cities you are interseted in which they will be
    listed by latitude and longitude
    Plot the points of interest.

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Geographic Mapping

    In prior versions of Excel (2000, anyway), there was a mapping
    capability. Microsoft extracted this from Office, added a lot of meat,
    and now markets it as a separate product called MapPoint.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services