Closed Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Data Labels

  1. #1
    Cody
    Guest

    Data Labels

    I have two data labels that overlap on a chart. Is there a way to wrap text
    or change the data label box sizing so I can see both labels?

    Help please

    Cody

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Data Labels

    Cody -

    Unfortunately you don't have a lot of control over the data labels. They
    look like text boxes, but the little black handles are merely
    decoration, and do not allow resizing.

    You can move a label: click on the label to select the series of labels,
    then click again to select the single label. Drag the label by its edges
    to a new position.

    You can edit the text of the label: click on the label to select the
    series of labels, then click again to select the single label. Click a
    third time to activate the cursor within the label. Insert carriage
    returns where appropriate to adjust the width of the label.

    You can replace a label by a text box. The easiest way to insert a
    textbox is to select the chart and type whatever label you want. When
    you press Enter, Excel puts a new textbox in the middle of the chart
    with the text you just typed.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

    Cody wrote:

    > I have two data labels that overlap on a chart. Is there a way to wrap text
    > or change the data label box sizing so I can see both labels?
    >
    > Help please
    >
    > Cody

Closed Thread