ignoring null values in graph

  1. #1
    Kris B
    Guest

    ignoring null values in graph

    I've built a data sheet to represent monthly result data that is appended to
    each month. In the out-months a formula exists to prevent a DIV/0 error in
    the data sheet. Problem is, the out months graph with a zero value. How do
    I fix without having to update the chart range or formulas that calc the
    percentages each month?

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: ignoring null values in graph

    Take a look at Jon Peltier's Dynamic Chart information

    http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Cha...html#DynColCht

    Is this what you are looking for?

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: ignoring null values in graph

    If you don't want a dynamic chart per Barbara's suggestion, change your
    formulas by replacing "" with NA(). What look like blanks ("") are
    really text, which are evaluated by Excel as zero. NA() produces the
    #N/A error in a sheet, which is certainly uglier than an empty cell but
    can be hidden with conditional formatting, and it also is skipped over
    by many common chart types.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP