off-setting points of different series b/c error bars overlap

  1. #1
    dothareggae
    Guest

    off-setting points of different series b/c error bars overlap

    I'm constructing a line chart with six series and categorical values on the
    x-axis. I'm including y error bars that highly overlap and are very
    difficult to read b/c all points within a given category are automatically
    stacked vertically on top of one another. Is there a way to off-set the
    series to make the error bars more visible? Hope this makes sense. Cheers.

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: off-setting points of different series b/c error bars overlap

    Hi,

    I think you would have to use an xy scatter to get the offsets.
    You should be able to combine Line and xy scatter to get the Category x
    axis labels and the offsetting. If not you will need to construct the x
    axis using a dummy data series.

    Here is some info on constructing you own axis just in case.
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html

    Cheers
    Andy

    --