Embedded Chart in Excel Sheet

  1. #1
    George
    Guest

    Embedded Chart in Excel Sheet

    I have an embedded chart on sheet 1. It looks exactly like what I want--
    EXCEPT
    --neither source cell values or trend lines are plotted. When I click on the
    embedded chart, the values of the column are highlighted, but nothing happens
    in the plot area.
    A Child in the Wilderness!

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Embedded Chart in Excel Sheet

    1. The data may be plotted, but way off scale.

    2. The data may be plotted, but the series are hidden (no line, no marker).

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  3. #3
    George
    Guest

    Re: Embedded Chart in Excel Sheet

    I don't think the data is off scale, but I must look into "hidden lines &
    markers". How do I determine if hidden lines & markers exist? Thanks for
    your response, it has given me a path to investigate.
    --
    A Child in the Wilderness!

  4. #4
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Embedded Chart in Excel Sheet

    Select the chart, then use the dropdown in the Chart toolbar to select a
    series or trendline. Objects are hidden by formatting them (use Ctrl-1,
    numeral one, to format a selected object) with no line, no marker, no
    fill, etc. If the series is in-scale but hidden, you'll still see it
    highlighted when it's selected.

    - Jon
    -------