excel chart export error runtime 1004

  1. #1
    Mau
    Guest

    excel chart export error runtime 1004

    Hello,
    I'm trying to export an excel chart from vbscript

    If I run the code using a non-administator user it doesn't work

    If I put the same user in the administrators group it works.

    Any solution to make it working in the first case too?

    The folder I'm trying to export to has all the rigths: I give
    fullcontrol to everyone..
    please help!!!

    E.G.
    This one work fine only with administrator's user:
    Ex.ActiveWorkbook.ActiveChart.Export "C:\FolderEveryOne\Image.gif"

    This one work fine always:
    Ex.ActiveWorkbook.save "C:\FolderEveryOne\file.xls"

  2. #2
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: excel chart export error runtime 1004

    This is sheer speculation...

    Maybe the Export method creates a temporary file in some temp directory
    to which the non-admin userid lacks write privileges.

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com
    Custom MS Office productivity solutions

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...

  3. #3
    Mau
    Guest

    Re: excel chart export error runtime 1004

    Thank Tushar for your answer...

    ....I try to give full control to everyone's group for all temporary
    folders(C:\WINDOWS\Temp; C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Impostazioni
    locali\Temp; etc. ) but it doesn't work!!!!!

    Have you any idea.

  4. #4
    Mau
    Guest

    Re: excel chart export error runtime 1004

    Thanks Tushar for your answer...