excel chart plot area not showing data

  1. #1
    samm
    Guest

    excel chart plot area not showing data

    am I missing some part of excel as I cannot make a chart ( even the simple
    ones) the points do not show in the plot area, ( or maybe I am doing some
    thing really stupid...it sure feels that way at this point!

  2. #2
    Jerry W. Lewis
    Guest

    Re: excel chart plot area not showing data

    One possibility is that the "numbers" you are trying to plot are really
    text. What does =COUNT(xRange) and =COUNT(yRange) return? If zero,
    Excel is not recognizing any numbers.

    In that case, copy a blank cell, select the ranges in question, and
    Edit|Paste Special|Add to coerce text to numbers.

    Jerry