Pie Charts

  1. #1
    IDA
    Guest

    Pie Charts

    In my pie chart, items are grouping together as other even though there is no
    "other" in my budget -- why? It is actually a cool idea -- how to I add
    other items to this "other" (e.g. very small percentages of the pie).

  2. #2
    Echo S
    Guest

    Re: Pie Charts

    "IDA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In my pie chart, items are grouping together as other even though there is

    no
    > "other" in my budget -- why? It is actually a cool idea -- how to I add
    > other items to this "other" (e.g. very small percentages of the pie).

    Is this a Pie-of-Pie or a Bar-of-Pie chart?

    If so, the data in the small pie or the bar will automatically be added
    together to make up a piece called "other" in the main pie.

    --
    Echo [MS PPT MVP]
    http://www.echosvoice.com

  3. #3
    IDA
    Guest

    Re: Pie Charts

    I guess it is a bar-in-pie chart, but how did Excel choose those line items
    to form the "bar" and how to I replace some of the larger percentage one with
    smaller ones from the "bigger" pie?

  4. #4
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Pie Charts

    Double click on one of the pie pieces, then click on the Options tab.
    This provides a number of ways to group points into the Other category.
    By default Excel groups them by position, with the last N points grouped
    in Other (N is the largest integer smaller than half the number of points).

    You can also plot by value (e.g., all points less than a value of 50),
    or by percent value (e.g., all point less than 10% of the total), or
    custom. Custom is pretty cool, because it allows you to drag points from
    the main pie to the smaller bar or pie.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  5. #5
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: Pie Charts

    Double-click the plotted pie then select the Options tab. Now, change
    the settings in the 'Split series by' dropdown and the field below it
    (label changes based on selection of first drop down).

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com
    Custom MS Office productivity solutions

    In article <[email protected]>,