Does "find and replace" work within a chart?

  1. #1
    jspalsky
    Guest

    Does "find and replace" work within a chart?

    "find and replace" (ctrl-h) will not replace text in the legand of my charts.
    Is there any way to make this happen?

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Does "find and replace" work within a chart?

    This page describes how you can change a series formula:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChgSrsFmla.html

    Keep in mind that the series formula's first argument relates to the
    series name, which appears in the legend. If it's entered as text, this
    technique (or the associated add-in) will change it directly. If it's a
    cell link, use Find-Replace on the worksheet range containing the series
    names.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  3. #3
    jspalsky
    Guest

    Re: Does "find and replace" work within a chart?

    Thanks!