x axis cut off on an Excel 2002 scatter chart

  1. #1
    Geenie
    Guest

    x axis cut off on an Excel 2002 scatter chart

    Good Morning...

    When creating an XY Scatter chart, my x axis title gets cut off so not all
    of the text is being displayed.

    I found a Microsoft workaround that said to change the alignment to be 89%.
    This gets an extra letter or two added in but not all of the text.

    I am using OfficeXP with SP3 installed.

    Has anyone seen this before?

    Thanks for the help,
    Geenie

  2. #2
    JethroUK©
    Guest

    Re: x axis cut off on an Excel 2002 scatter chart

    XL doesn't always reflect font sizes correctly - what does it look like in
    print?

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Geenie
    Guest

    Re: x axis cut off on an Excel 2002 scatter chart

    It prints fine - all of the text is there.

    The problem is when I copy the chart into Word and use it in reports.
    Because all of the text isn't being displayed on the chart in Excel, when I
    copy and paste into Word the text is also missing. I can't resize the text
    box for the axis name either.

    Thanks,
    Geenie

  4. #4
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: x axis cut off on an Excel 2002 scatter chart

    Try copying in Excel as a picture. Hold Shift while selecting the Edit
    menu, and Copy becomes Copy Picture. Select the As Printed option (since
    printing works), then just paste into Word.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  5. #5
    Geenie
    Guest

    Re: x axis cut off on an Excel 2002 scatter chart

    Hi Jon:

    I tried what you suggested and it worked. Thank you for the help!

    Geenie