Can I export a chart from Excel as a jpg or gif?

  1. #1
    bongoman
    Guest

    Can I export a chart from Excel as a jpg or gif?

    Does anyone know if it is possible to export an Excel generated chart/graph
    as a .jpg or .gif into a webpage?

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    There is, but it involves another program (Paintshop Pro or something like it).

    Have Paintshop Pro open before you start

    Select the chart and with the SHIFT key depressed, go to EDIT and COPY PICTURE. You will be given the option of saving the picture as a BMP file - do this and paste the picture into Paintshop Pro. Save it as a *.jpg before moving this into your web page

    Jon

  3. #3
    Blue Aardvark
    Guest

    RE: Can I export a chart from Excel as a jpg or gif?

    You can select the chart. Copy it. Then do a paste special in programs like
    Word. If your web design program doesn't have a paste special option, you can
    always paste it into word and then copy the pictures out.

  4. #4
    bongoman
    Guest

    RE: Can I export a chart from Excel as a jpg or gif?

    Many thanks for your help. The thing is i need a non-techy person to be able
    to be able to export the chart to a Content Management System so that they
    can publish it to a web page themselves, without having to use a web-design
    programme. Any ideas?

  5. #5
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Can I export a chart from Excel as a jpg or gif?

    Andy Pope has a free add-in that you can use to export images or charts:

    http://www.andypope.info/vba/gex.htm

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  6. #6
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Can I export a chart from Excel as a jpg or gif?

    Does this help

    Sub ExportChartJPG()
    ActiveChart.Export Filename:="C:\a\MyChart.jpg", _
    FilterName:="jpeg"

    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    [email protected]
    news:[email protected]...

  7. #7
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Can I export a chart from Excel as a jpg or gif?

    John Walkenbach's Chart Tools also does this (http://j-walk.com).

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP