  1. #1
    Tim

    I am plotting in regularly basis a certain set of data in excel.
    Based on some data analysis this set of data has to be fitted to these
    equations:
    y = 1/x^a (1) and /or
    y = b/x^c (2)
    from data analysis, constants a, b and c are found and are placed lets say
    in cells A1, B1, C1.
    On my graph, I am putting then two small text labels where the real equation
    is displayed: smth. like: y = 1/ x^3.45 and / or y = 0.256 / x^3.12 The
    whole process is similar with excel curve fitting, when the “show equation on
    chart” is checked.

    Thank you in advance
    My question is: Can I somehow “automate” the procedure of creating and
    putting these text labels on excel graph.

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Adding a certain text label in a excel chart

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Adding a certain text label in a excel chart

    Tim -

    Build the label in another cell (for example, D1):

    ="y = "&B1&" / x^" & C1

    Then select the chart, press the equals key, and click on D1. Excel inserts a
    textbox into the chart which is linked to this cell.

    To get the appropriate code for automating this process, run the macro recorder
    while doing the above.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP