Pivot Chart Report - formatting

  1. #1
    student Renee
    Guest

    Pivot Chart Report - formatting

    I've selected TWO options that I put into my 'row' when I created this chart.
    Is there any way I can reverse the way the two are appearing on the chart?
    Current example: John's Best Dance Moves Kelly's Best Dance Moves

    Desired example: Kelly's Best Dance Moves John's Best Dance Moves

    Thank you!

  2. #2
    student Renee
    Guest

    RE: Pivot Chart Report - formatting

    p.s. - if it helps, it appears they're always in alphabetical order. But if
    the boss wants me to duplicate his report - and it's for whatever reason NOT
    in alpha order, can that even be done? And thanks to all of you once more!
    -student Renee

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Chart Report - formatting

    The chart cannot perform any sorting between data and chart. You can
    reverse the order of all items along an axis: Double click the axis,
    Scale tab, Categories/Values in Reverse Order. But in general, you
    should make sure the data is in the proper order in the worksheet before
    committing them to a chart.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP