In a 2 Y-Axis chart, how do I assign data ranges to an axis?

  1. #1
    Claire4Golf
    Guest

    In a 2 Y-Axis chart, how do I assign data ranges to an axis?

    I have created a 2 Y-Axis chart with 12 data ranges. Numerically, the first
    8 data ranges belong on the 1st Y Axis, and the last 4 data ranges belong on
    the 2nd Y Axis, but MS is choosing to put the first six on the left Y Axis
    and the last six on the right Y Axis.

    I need for the chart to display 8 on the left Y Axis and 4 on the right.
    Please advise.

    Thank you

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: In a 2 Y-Axis chart, how do I assign data ranges to an axis?

    I find it best to ignore the "built-in custom" types because they do what they want.
    The following process works on either the normal or built-in custom types.

    Double click a series, and on the Axis tab, select primary or secondary as needed.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services