Show both value and percentage on Waterfall Chart

  1. #1
    Tim
    Guest

    Show both value and percentage on Waterfall Chart

    Hi folks,

    I need a help on my waterfall chart. I want to show both percentage and
    value on my waterfall chart and move the value to the top of the bars (and
    keep on the top of bars) instead of in the middle of the bars. Could anyone
    show me how to do it? Any help will be deeply appreciated.

    Thanks in advance.

    Tim

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Show both value and percentage on Waterfall Chart

    Tim -

    For this, add a series to the chart. For X values, use the category labels of the
    waterfall data. For Y values, use the value at the top of the visible bar(s) at each
    category. Construct the label text in a parallel worksheet range.

    After adding the series (it'll probably be another stacked bar), select it and
    change it to a line chart using Chart menu > Chart Type. Then use one of these free
    Excel add-ins to apply labels to this series using the range you added above:

    Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler (http://appspro.com)
    John Walkenbach's Chart Tools (http://j-walk.com)

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  3. #3
    Tim
    Guest

    Re: Show both value and percentage on Waterfall Chart

    Jon,

    Thanks a lot.

    Tim.