automaic "nice" display of the labels in a pie chart

  1. #1

    Question automaic "nice" display of the labels in a pie chart

    Hi all,
    I have a simple but very annoying problem:

    Let's say you have a pie chart linked to a 2 cols/5 rows array.
    I display the labels, the % and the value for each part of the pie.

    My problem is the following:
    Each time the data are updated, the pie is rebuilt but the labels are sometime out of the windows, sometime one on the other... in one word, unreadable...

    So my question is the following : is there any way of "automatic readable arrangement" option in excel ?????

    Thanks to all.

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: automaic "nice" display of the labels in a pie chart

    If you want the labels to behave better (they will still be unruly), don't readjust
    their position by dragging them around. Double click the labels, then on the
    Alignment tab, choose one of the settings for Position; probably Outside End or Best
    Fit work best, but don't assume "Best Fit" means it will be perfect. Then don't
    resize the chart so the pie gets too close to the edges of the chart, so there's
    always room for a label.

    Pierre wrote:

    - Jon
    -------