how do i remove the cells from a sheet when working with a chart

  1. #1
    Jorge
    Guest

    how do i remove the cells from a sheet when working with a chart

    I created a chart but I want to remove the cells, so the background is gray
    and nothing can be selected except the chart. Thank you.

  2. #2
    R.VENKATARAMAN
    Guest

    Re: how do i remove the cells from a sheet when working with a chart

    instead of greying out you can hide the cells or column but chart also may
    disappear but see this message from Andy Pope to one of the queries in the
    newsgroup

    quote
    Hi Rick,
    Yes there is, Select the chart and then use the menu Tools > Options.
    On the chart tab is a checkbox 'Plot Visible Cells Only', uncheck this
    to get your chart working.
    Cheers
    Andy
    unquote

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: how do i remove the cells from a sheet when working with a chart

    On the chart menu, select Location, and choose the As New Sheet option, and if
    desired, type a better name in the box.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP