##### Date in Excel

  1. #1
    Mandy S
    Guest

    ##### Date in Excel

    Please can anyone help me.
    I Microsoft Office XP
    I had a very long list (about two thousand entries).
    Each entry had a date in column B
    Before I reformatted my PC I saved the document.
    When I put it back on my PC after the format all the dates in column B have
    changed to #######.
    If I point the mouse curser over each entry it shows the original date
    Can anyone PLEASE tell me is there a way to get thses dates back

    Many many thanks

    Mandy x

  2. #2
    Mandy S
    Guest

    Re: ##### Date in Excel

    "Mandy S" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Please can anyone help me.
    > I Microsoft Office XP
    > I had a very long list (about two thousand entries).
    > Each entry had a date in column B
    > Before I reformatted my PC I saved the document.
    > When I put it back on my PC after the format all the dates in column B
    > have changed to #######.
    > If I point the mouse curser over each entry it shows the original date
    > Can anyone PLEASE tell me is there a way to get thses dates back
    >
    > Many many thanks
    >
    > Mandy x

    Please ignore, I was being a dumb blonde

  3. #3
    David Biddulph
    Guest

    Re: ##### Date in Excel

    "Mandy S" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Please can anyone help me.
    > I Microsoft Office XP
    > I had a very long list (about two thousand entries).
    > Each entry had a date in column B
    > Before I reformatted my PC I saved the document.
    > When I put it back on my PC after the format all the dates in column B
    > have changed to #######.
    > If I point the mouse curser over each entry it shows the original date
    > Can anyone PLEASE tell me is there a way to get thses dates back

    Try increasing the column width (for example, Format/ Column/ Autofit
    selection).
    --
    David Biddulph

  4. #4
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: ##### Date in Excel

    Mandy -

    ###### usually means the cell isn't wide enough to display the value in the selected
    number format. Double click on the line between this column's header and the header
    to the right, and the column will autosize to display the data properly.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor
    Hi Mandy,

    Try widening your column, or highlight the column and go to
    Format, Column, AutoFitSelection.

    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandy S