Newbie...need more space between entries on X axis

  1. #1
    SRS
    Guest

    Newbie...need more space between entries on X axis

    I know this should be simple...just can't find it.

    I have a basic bar chart with four values for each of our ten clients. The
    client names are on the X axis running horizontally and their sales, etc. are
    on the Y axis.

    I simply want to put more space between each client so that the values of
    client #1 don't run up against the values of client #2.

    Does this make sense? I'm using Excel 2003.

    Thank you!

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Newbie...need more space between entries on X axis

    Click on one of the bars, to select it
    Choose Format > Selected Data Series
    On the Options tab, increase the Gap Width setting
    Click OK

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List