Excel: Can I change Chart-title/category/value from a sheet-cell?

  1. #1
    femke
    Guest

    Excel: Can I change Chart-title/category/value from a sheet-cell?

    Changing the "Chart Title", the "Category (X) axis" and the "Value (Y) axis"
    via the change of a worksheet-cell would be useful. Does such a utility exist?

  2. #2
    AAA
    Guest

    Re: Excel: Can I change Chart-title/category/value from a sheet-cell?

    It is eay to make an example to do this. You just nee to select the chart
    title and then input an formula such as "=Sheet1!A1" in the formulabar.

  3. #3
    femke
    Guest

    Re: Excel: Can I change Chart-title/category/value from a sheet-ce

    For the "Name of a Serie", it's working correctly, referring to "=Sheet1!A1".
    But for "Chart-title", "Value X" and "Value Y", your reference to
    "=Sheet1!A1" is not working. Chart-title will be then "=Sheet1!A1".

    I hope a newer version of Excel will work in the way you describe.

    Thanks in advance.

  4. #4
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Excel: Can I change Chart-title/category/value from a sheet-ce

    Hi,

    AAA methods works in all versions since xl97 and possible before but I
    can not check.
    He is another explanation.
    http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  5. #5
    femke
    Guest

    Re: Excel: Can I change Chart-title/category/value from a sheet-ce

    Andy,

    Thank you for your info. It's working now!