Help needed to add commets, arrows, etc to existing graph...

  1. #1

    Help needed to add commets, arrows, etc to existing graph...

    I am wanting to add comments and arrows (that look proper) and fill in the area between two lines on a line graph i have created in excel. Can someone please guide me on how this may be done...

    I was thinking:
    i. there may be a way to do it in excel that i am not aware of,
    ii. there may be another charting program which will draw the charts with all the frills from data exported from excel,
    iii. there may be another program that allows me to add stuff to already created excel charts,
    iv. something else.

    My aim is to export these graphs to word - they will form part of a report i am writting.

    Any assistance would be much appreciated.

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Help needed to add commets, arrows, etc to existing graph...

    Hi,

    These things can be done using extra data series.

    Arrows can be down using a custom marker, see this example.
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...ormatting.html

    Comments, depending on the amount of text, can be down using data labels
    linked to cells. Otherwise use textboxes although they will not move
    with your data. See example of linking chart text holder to cell.
    http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm

    Shade between lines can be done by using an area chart and some formula
    to calculate the values, see this example.
    http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng21.htm

    When it comes to exporting to Word you can copy them as pictures. See
    the paste picture example.
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...ChartData.html

    Cheers
    Andy