Badly need help to put four categories in one pie chart

  1. #1

    Unhappy Badly need help to represent four data groups in one pie chart

    The problem is getting the 4 groups on the same Pie Graph I don't know how to go about it.

    I am taking a correspondence course, the course is MEL4E-A Key question 8 for anyone that maybe has did this course

    Here is the scenario-

    The Table below lists baseball team standings. Create a frequency table and a pie graph of the teams that have 80 or more wins, 70-79 wins, 60-69 wins, and fewer than 60 wins.

    Wins Losses

    New York 83 53
    Boston 79 58
    Toronto 68 69
    Baltimore 61 75
    Tampa Bay 53 82
    Chicago 73 64
    Kansas City 70 65
    Minnesota 71 66
    Cleveland 62 76
    Detroit 34 102
    Oakland 82 55
    Seattle 80 57
    Anaheim 67 70
    Texas 63 75

    Sorry about the formatting it was typed out in order. But doesn't stick when i post.
    Last edited by shadow_3211; 11-13-2005 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Re-wording to make clearer

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Badly need help to put four categories in one pie chart

    Assuming your data is in A1:C15 (don't skip a line betweein the header
    row and the data), Enter these values in E2:E4:

    If you want, you can enter a label like "<60" in E5, and a label like
    "Frequency" in F1.

    Select the whole range F2:F5, and type this formula:

    =FREQUENCY(B2:B15,E2:E4)

    Hold dowm CTRL+SHIFT when pressing Enter, so the formula becomes an
    array formula. If you do it correctly, Excel displays the formula in
    curly braces, like this:

    {=FREQUENCY(B2:B15,E2:E4)}

    Don't type these yourself; Excel will treat it as an error.

    The range E1:F5 now looks like this, ready for plotting:

    Frequency
    80 4
    70 6
    60 2