radar graph

  1. #1
    Russell-stanely
    Guest

    radar graph

    I regularly use a radar graph to plot 24 points of information.
    I now need to create a radar graph where I only need to plot 4 points of
    information--but when I set up the graph, the graph is square, rather than
    round.
    I need to have these 4 points graphed on a round radar graph.

    Is there any way to do this? I thought interpolating the information would
    help, but it does not.

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: radar graph

    You get a 4-sided polygon instead of a 24-sided polygon (not a circle),
    because you have 4 categories and values, not 24. If you use data like this:

    Values
    a 1
    c 3
    e 2
    g 2

    with blanks in between the values, you'll get the effect you want.
    You'll have to select the chart, go to Options on the Tools menu, and on
    the Chart tab, where it asks how to display blanks, choose Interpolate.
    My example data has an octagon with four populated points.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services