double pie chart

  1. #1
    Louise
    Guest

    double pie chart

    Hi all

    I sent a questionnaire out to 700 employees, 200 of which completed and
    returned them. I am now trying to produce the results in a 'pie of pie'
    chart - the one with two pies.
    I want the first chart to show that 700 questionnaires were sent out and 200
    were completed and then in the second pie, I want to show the actual scores -
    very good, good, average etc.

    How do I lay the worksheet out in order to return this information???

    I use charts quite a lot but have never created one of these pie charts
    before.....

    Thank you

    Louise

  2. #2
    Louise
    Guest

    RE: double pie chart

    Just to give you an update, I have just managed to create a pie of pie chart,
    however, the first pie is showing a value called 'other' and i dont know
    where it's come from??? It's this slice that the second pie is point from
    and it shouldn't be??

    What have I done wrong??

    Any urgent help would be much appreciated.

    THank you.

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: double pie chart

    Louise -

    All the items which are broken out in the second pie are lumped together in
    the first pie in a slice called Other. You can change the text to say
    "Returned" or whatever you want. It takes two single clicks to select the
    single data label, and another to activate the text so you can edit it.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Louise
    Guest

    Re: double pie chart

    i've had a play around and have finally done it. I wanted the first pie to
    consist of two slices, however, it was consisting of 3 - the third being the
    'other'. I changed the original data, played around with the headings and,
    hey presto, it's worked!!

    Thanks very much.

    Louise