charting data across a range of worksheets

  1. #1
    Rikki Ward
    Guest

    charting data across a range of worksheets

    Hi

    I use excel 2000 as a timesheet. Each month's worksheet's layout is
    identical, with the month's total in cell h41, and the worksheet's name
    referencing the month, eg apr04 to mar05 etc. and Start04 and End04 as dummy
    delimiters for each (financial) year.

    On the totals sheet I can use =SUM(Start04:End04!H41) to get the sum I am
    owed for the period. So far so good...

    In addition I would like a chart plotting the worksheet name (or a cell in
    the appropriate worksheet if required) as the X axis, and the monthly total
    on the Y axis. This is where I hit a problem, as the chart does not like the
    range given - similar to that used in the SUM.

    Could anyone help? Many thanks, Rikki

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: charting data across a range of worksheets

    Charts don't work that way. You have to construct a summary range on a
    worksheet someplace. Here's more information and an example:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...iffSheets.html

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Rikki Ward
    Guest

    Re: charting data across a range of worksheets

    Thanks very much Jon

    Rikki