Page Numbering

  1. #1
    Aurora
    Guest

    Page Numbering

    I am using Excel 2000.
    I have a file with 11 worksheets (tabs) in the file. There are two graphs
    on each tab and each tab prints one page. In the header of each tab (at the
    left margin), I have individually typed "Page and the number 1 thru 11). I
    updated my charts and did a print preview and all of the pages appear to have
    the correct page number on them.

    Then I noticed that I had forgotten to update the header to the indicate
    which month the report is for (November - changed from October). I grouped
    all of the tabs and made the change in the header which is centered on each
    page. When I did a print preview again, while the center header was correct,
    all of the pages were numbered "Page 1". How can I correct this?

    I thought the Grouping function made it easier to make changes to all of the
    tabs? Am I missing something here? Please help. This has contantly
    happened in the past, but this is the first month I can connect the pages not
    numbering correctly with changing the centered header. Every month, I am
    told by someone that my pages are not numbered correctly. What can I do????

    Aurora

  2. #2
    Ed Ferrero
    Guest

    Re: Page Numbering

    Hi Aurora,

    I guess you are using File>Page Setup>Header/Footer

    Group all sheets
    Enter the following in a page header
    Page &[Page] of &[Pages]

    Then, whilst the sheets are still grouped, print the sheets.
    Grouped sheets will correctly increment the Excel page codes.

    Ed Ferrero
    http://www.edferrero.com

  3. #3
    Aurora
    Guest

    Re: Page Numbering

    Thank you Ed for responding. I have grouped all the sheets together before
    printing and had the same problem. My page number is in the header - on the
    right side of the paper. I did not use code for the page number, because i
    wanted each page to only be the one number(Ex: page 5 or page 6 etc., in
    case I have to reprint just one page it will be the correct page number. I
    can not understand why changing the month in the centered headed changed the
    page number on all of the headers.

    Let me know if you or anyone else has any ideas.