How do I get the date correct in excel 2000 on a chart?

  1. #1
    Racheb
    Guest

    How do I get the date correct in excel 2000 on a chart?

    When I create a line graph, the date comes up as 00 instead of 05. I have the
    correct cell formating (it's set to date format) and I've tried different
    date formats.

  2. #2
    Jerry W. Lewis
    Guest

    Re: How do I get the date correct in excel 2000 on a chart?

    You probably need to switch to an "XY (Scatter)" chart. A "Line" chart
    treats the x-axis values as 1,2,3,... which as dates would be 1Jan1900,
    2Jan1900, ...

    Jerry

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How do I get the date correct in excel 2000 on a chart?

    If the dates were actually used as the X values, this wouldn't be an issue
    for either the XY or Line chart types. Choose Source Data from the Chart
    menu, click on the Series tab, and select the series. Make sure the range of
    dates is entered in the Category Labels (or X Values) input box.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services