screen resolution => vertical graph title problems

  1. #1

    screen resolution => vertical graph title problems

    Hi,

    I have faced a problem caused by screen resolution. I have compaq nx 7010, which has a screen 1280x800 pixels.
    This resolution makes me problems with the vertical axes titles in excel graphs, it just cut off the last part of the title. If I change the screen resolution to 1024x768 the problem is fixed but this is not appropriate resolution that is why it is impossible to work with it.

    I will be grateful if anyone has a solution for the mentioned problem.

    bartelj

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: screen resolution => vertical graph title problems

    This is a well-known problem, reported by many. Not sure it has to do with
    video resolution.
    Add a few periods to the end of the title and, if necessary, format them to
    have the same colour as the background.
    best wishes
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Thanks for your solution, but I am seeking for a sophisticated one.

    I still think this is a resolution problem. Why? ...because using the above mentioned resolution 1024x768 solves the problem, and I found out that you suggestion does work if I don't change the zoom for instance from 100% to 200%. The same problem again!

    So thanks again, but if anyone has a better one, please!

    bartelj

  4. #4
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: screen resolution => vertical graph title problems

    The only improvement to Bernard's suggestion is to use non-breaking spaces
    instead of periods for the added characters. Where the problem exists, it
    seems you can only avoid it through changing of font, zoom setting, or video
    resolution.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP