Automatic Chart Expansion Problem

  1. #1
    Mike Fox
    Guest

    Automatic Chart Expansion Problem

    For years, I've be charting temperature variations. As I added new
    data points, the chart automatically expanded to accomdate the new
    datum. At 72 data points, the chart stopped expanding automatically.

    Anyone know if this is a standard limit to expanding charts? Did I
    accidently turn some feature off? Is there a way to fix this?

    I'm running MS Win and Office XP with all updates.

    Thanks

    Mike

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Automatic Chart Expansion Problem

    Hi,

    It really depends on how your expansion was working.
    Is your chart set to a fixed data range with 72 rows or columns that you
    have now filled up? If so you just need to extend the range your chart
    is using.
    Or maybe your data series is linked to a named range which has a formula
    that is no longer working correctly. Here is an explanation of the
    dynamic named range approach.

    If neither of those are applicable post back explaining what method was
    being used to make the chart expand up to the 72nd period.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel