Help me with formula

  1. #1

    Help me with formula

    I have a basic graph 1,2,3,4,5.....going down in and a,b,c,d,e,f,c going across.

    EX.

    A B C D E F G
    1 500 25 75 800 (200)

    My question is how can I make an equation that Goes like this :

    Column A+B+D-E=G

    I showed an example above for on row but i wouuld wnat this to work for any row no matter what data I answer.
    I want this ewuation to work for any data entered for the whole sheet. I hope you understand and can help anyone.

  2. #2
    B. R.Ramachandran
    Guest

    RE: Help me with formula

    Hi,

    If your data start in Row 1, enter the following formula in G1 and click
    ENTER.

    =A1+B1+D1-E1

    Autofill the formula down the rows (for this, click on G1, move the cursor
    to the bottom-right corner, and when the cursor changes into a '+' sign, hold
    the left mouse button and drag down to as many rows as you want).

    (If your data start in some other row, modify the formula appropriately.
    For exmple, if Row 2 happens to be the first row for your data, change the
    "1"s in the formula to "2"s and enter the formula in G2).

    Regards,
    B. R. Ramachandran