Lining up scales on primary and secondary y axes

  1. #1
    MarkN
    Guest

    Lining up scales on primary and secondary y axes

    Hello

    I have a column chart that includes a secondary y axis. The values on the
    primary axis range from zero to 160,000. The values on the secondary axis
    range from minus 20% to plus 30%.

    The problem is that the zero values on the two scales do not appear along
    the same horizontal line on the chart. The zero value on the secondary axis
    is on the same horizontal level as $60,000 on the primary axis.

    How can I change this so that the zero values on both axes line up
    --
    Thanks,
    MarkN

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Lining up scales on primary and secondary y axes

    Hi,

    Maybe Jon Peltier's example will help you.
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AlignXon2Ys.html

    Cheers
    Andy

    MarkN wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > I have a column chart that includes a secondary y axis. The values on the
    > primary axis range from zero to 160,000. The values on the secondary axis
    > range from minus 20% to plus 30%.
    >
    > The problem is that the zero values on the two scales do not appear along
    > the same horizontal line on the chart. The zero value on the secondary axis
    > is on the same horizontal level as $60,000 on the primary axis.
    >
    > How can I change this so that the zero values on both axes line up

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    MarkN
    Guest

    Re: Lining up scales on primary and secondary y axes

    Thanks Andy,

    I managed to come up with a simple fix to my problem just by adjusting the
    minimum value on the scale of the primary axis. Maybe not the best solution
    but if it works then you have got to be happy....
    --
    Cheers,
    MarkN