Move the Y axis below negative values

  1. #1
    Vic Mel
    Guest

    Move the Y axis below negative values

    Hi,

    I am currently creating a line graph which has both negative and positive
    values. However the line cuts through the descriptions on the y axis, how
    can I move the y axis to the bottom of the graph below the negative values so
    people can still read these descriptions?

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Move the Y axis below negative values

    Hi,

    There is an explanation here.
    http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip002.htm

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Move the Y axis below negative values

    To keep the axis in place but move the labels to the bottom of the chart,
    double click on the axis, select the Patterns tab, and select the "Low"
    option for axis tick labels.

    To move the entire axis to the bottom, double click on the other axis, and
    on the scale tab, change the Axis Crosses At value. Don't simply use the
    minimum of this axis, because it won't work when the values change. Instead
    choose the lowest number that you can think of, like -1e300 for a linear
    scale, or 1e-300 for a log scale; this number will always be less than the
    axis minimum.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP