How do I make chart labels or legends wordwrap?

  1. #1
    LC673
    Guest

    How do I make chart labels or legends wordwrap?

    I cannot make axis labels wordwrap. Legends sometimes do and sometimes don't.

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How do I make chart labels or legends wordwrap?

    The legend entries will word wrap if the entire legend is not wide enough
    for a particular entry (or if you have hard-coded a carriage return in the
    cell containing the legend entry text, using Alt+Enter).

    You have no control over axis tick labels, other than hard-coding a carriage
    return in the cell containing the tick label text, using Alt+Enter.
    Sometimes these wrap where Excel wants them to, but you can't control the
    label size.

    Items like data labels and axis and chart titles can be edited, and you
    insert a carriage return where you want the text to wrap. Sometimes these
    wrap where Excel wants them to, but you can't control the label or title
    size.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    SusieQInOregon
    Guest

    Re: How do I make chart labels or legends wordwrap?

    I did this. I went into the cells and used Alt+Enter to wrap my label text.
    It still doesn't show on my chart. Help!!

    Thank you.
    Susie