One dimensional timescale

  1. #1

    One dimensional timescale

    All,

    I would like to do a simple thing with excel, but I can't figure out
    how.
    My data look like this:
    Event1 10
    Event2 23
    Event3 84
    Event4 88

    And I would like excel to produce something like:

    0 23 24 84 88
    |-----|-----|--------------------------------------------------|-|
    E1 E2 E3 E4

    A timescale describing the event as they occur in time.

    I'm using Excel 2000. Anybody has an idea ?

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: One dimensional timescale

    Hi,

    Here is one example of a timeline
    http://www.vertex42.com/ExcelArticle...-timeline.html

    You need to use a xy scatter to create the line. Your values will be the
    x point. You need to add a set of y points with the value zero.
    If you create 2 data series based on the same data you can use one
    series data labels for the values and the other for the event
    description. The event data labels text can be linked to the cells
    either manually or with the aid of an addin.

    Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler
    http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm

    Cheers
    Andy