Can I make a chart that is vertical instead of horizontal?

  1. #1
    Karvis
    Guest

    Can I make a chart that is vertical instead of horizontal?

    I have created a chart that is too wide for one page. I would like to rotate
    the entire chart. Is this possible? How would I do it? If it is not
    possible, are there any other suggestions?

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Can I make a chart that is vertical instead of horizontal?

    Hi,

    You can not simply rotate the chart.

    Possible options are;
    - Copy as picture and rotate the picture
    - print the page in landscape
    - use alternative chart type

    depending on the chart type you maybe able to rotate the chart by using
    an alternative chart style, like Columns > Bars. Which chart type is it?

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Can I make a chart that is vertical instead of horizontal?

    In addition to Andy's suggestions, you could reconstruct the chart switching
    the X and Y values, then rotate selected labels so that when twisted, the
    chart would look okay.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP