hOW DO i FLIP THE X AND Y AXIS

  1. #1
    keen learner
    Guest

    hOW DO i FLIP THE X AND Y AXIS

    Hi
    I am using a line graph with the source data from a table in this format

    Model 1 Model 2 Model3
    Month 1
    month 2
    month 2

    Without changing the format of my table, how do I display on the graph the
    models as the Legend and the months on the left.

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: hOW DO i FLIP THE X AND Y AXIS

    Depends on the chart type. If it's a Column chart, change it to a Bar chart
    (Chart menu > Chart Type).

    If it's a Line chart, change it to an XY chart. You can only plot numbers on
    a Y axis. Are the months numeric? If not, either change the data to display
    dates (full dates, like 1-Jan-2006), or change to display integers like 1,
    2, 3, etc. This display can be adjusted using a custom number format,
    something like "Month "0 (where 0 is a zero character), or you can just
    leave the numbers and use a Y axis title of Month.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services