How lines in combination charts treat #N/A values

  1. #1
    Bernard Harris
    Guest

    How lines in combination charts treat #N/A values

    In an all-line chart, #N/A valies are not shown ... highly useful for showing
    an incomplete line.
    However, in a combination chart (third data type is a line, displaying to
    the secondary axis) this does not happen, and #N/A values are being treated
    as zeros. Any ideas on what I can do to make the line truncate???
    Thanks in anticipation!
    --
    Bernard

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How lines in combination charts treat #N/A values

    In my combo chart, the line on the secondary axis treated #N/A as expected,
    by interpolating across the missing value. Make sure what looks like "#N/A"
    is really the NA error, and not a bit of text that mimics the error.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services