Pie PivotChart loses data label every time i swich page value

  1. #1

    Pie PivotChart loses data label every time i swich page value

    I have 4 columns

    1. Month
    2. Item
    3. Category
    4. Amount

    I have created a pivot table and pivot chart the following way:

    For the PivotTable Wizard:
    I have put Month at the page level.
    I have put Category on the Row level
    I have put Sum of Amount on the Data Section.

    Now I create a pivotchart as a pie chart based on this pivottable.

    If I select all of the data labels to show the percentages and amounts
    in the PieChart, that works fine.

    The issue is if i go to the Month dropdown (the page level column in
    the PivotTable) and generate a new pie chart for a new month, it loses
    the fact that i want to display of the piechart data labels. I have to
    of the labels that i want to see..

    Is there anywhere to persist the fact that i want to show labels always
    in the piechart so i dont have to recheck this ever time i change the
    page to a new month.

    thks,
    ak

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: Pie PivotChart loses data label every time i swich page value

    You'll have to create a macro to format it the way you want. WHen you
    update the pivot, run the macro.

    news:[email protected]...