Closed Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

resize charts to paste into powerpoint/word

  1. #1
    k2sarah
    Guest

    resize charts to paste into powerpoint/word

    I have created a number of charts as stand alone sheets. I now want to resize
    these charts so that they are in the dimensions of the ppt or word table,
    that I would like to paste them in. Forgive the lack of precise terminology,
    but the sheets take up the whole screen and are not surrounded by the grey
    plot area. How do i get the grey plot appear to signfiy that my dimensions
    the chart have changed. when i press, FILE PAGE SETUP and alter the
    dimensions, the grey borders do not appear

    thks
    ken

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: resize charts to paste into powerpoint/word

    Go to the Tools menu > Options command, click on the Chart tab, and uncheck
    Chart Sizes with Window Pane. Then in Page Setup (File Menu) adjust your
    margins until the area within the margins is the size you need in Word or
    PowerPoint.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

    "k2sarah" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >I have created a number of charts as stand alone sheets. I now want to
    >resize
    > these charts so that they are in the dimensions of the ppt or word table,
    > that I would like to paste them in. Forgive the lack of precise
    > terminology,
    > but the sheets take up the whole screen and are not surrounded by the grey
    > plot area. How do i get the grey plot appear to signfiy that my dimensions
    > the chart have changed. when i press, FILE PAGE SETUP and alter the
    > dimensions, the grey borders do not appear
    >
    > thks
    > ken

Closed Thread