Closed Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Want to replace cells that read "#DIV/0" with another value

  1. #1
    Stacey
    Guest

    Want to replace cells that read "#DIV/0" with another value

    I have a chart where certain field is computed based on the content of other
    fields (not unsual). However, it is actually an average field and the
    fields it uses to compute the average are autopopulated from data in another
    worksheet. Sometimes all the valus are "0" so when it tried to take the
    average it gives me a "#DIV/0" error. Is there a way I can get it to
    display "0" or "n/a" instead of "#DIV/0" in these specific cells when this
    error arises?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    financeman500
    Guest

    RE: Want to replace cells that read "#DIV/0" with another value

    Hi Stacey,
    You can use the if command in your cell example
    =IF(C13,C13/C8,0)

  3. #3
    Stacey
    Guest

    Re: Want to replace cells that read "#DIV/0" with another value

    Works perfectly. Thanks!
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    financeman500
    Guest

    Re: Want to replace cells that read "#DIV/0" with another value

    no problem, any time

    "Stacey" wrote:

    > Works perfectly. Thanks!
    > "financeman500" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi Stacey,
    > > You can use the if command in your cell example
    > > =IF(C13,C13/C8,0)
    > > "Stacey" wrote:
    > >
    > >> I have a chart where certain field is computed based on the content of
    > >> other
    > >> fields (not unsual). However, it is actually an average field and the
    > >> fields it uses to compute the average are autopopulated from data in
    > >> another
    > >> worksheet. Sometimes all the valus are "0" so when it tried to take the
    > >> average it gives me a "#DIV/0" error. Is there a way I can get it to
    > >> display "0" or "n/a" instead of "#DIV/0" in these specific cells when
    > >> this
    > >> error arises?
    > >>
    > >> Thanks!

Closed Thread