Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Plotting A Target

  1. #1
    JDB
    Guest

    Plotting A Target

    I have dynamic column charts that basically chart performance in a particular
    area.

    I have the graphs looking and operating fine, but I need to display a second
    series of columns showing the possible score. There is only one cell on the
    datasheet that contains this information. Is this possible and how do I do
    it? I don't want the people who update the sheet to have to type the possible
    scores each time!

    Currently, x axis is individual person, y axis is score.

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Plotting A Target

    Hi,

    To create another series of columns you will need repeated values. Can
    you not link this cells back to the one cell that changes.
    For example A1 contains the single value. The second series of columns
    is on the range D2:D4. So use the formula
    D2: =$A$1
    D3: =$A$1
    D4: =$A$1

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: Plotting A Target

    One way would be
    Adding a horizontal line to a chart
    http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ch...traight_lines/

    In that example, I plot the average of the data set. You would replace the
    reference to the average with the cell that contains the possible score.

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com
    Custom MS Office productivity solutions

    In article <[email protected]>,