Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

How to add data labels from a series not displayed on a chart

  1. #1
    doctor bm
    Guest

    How to add data labels from a series not displayed on a chart

    I want to add data labels to a chart from a series not displayed on the
    chart. e.g. show sales growth % above sales data. ( Excel 2000/2003)

  2. #2
    Chris Marlow
    Guest

    RE: How to add data labels from a series not displayed on a chart

    Hi,

    You can 'hide' a dataseries by on the 'Patterns' tab of format data series
    selecting Border - None and Area - None. The data labels will still be
    visible.

    Regards,

    Chris.

    --
    Chris Marlow
    MCSD.NET, Microsoft Office XP Master

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How to add data labels from a series not displayed on a chart

    If you want to apply labels which are not associated with the series being
    plotted, but are labels from the worksheet, you can use a utility like one
    of the following to apply the labels:

    Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler (http://appspro.com)
    John Walkenbach's Chart Tools (http://j-walk.com)

    Both are free Excel add-ins, easy to install and use.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services