conditional formatting in charts

  1. #1
    Dan_Green
    Guest

    conditional formatting in charts

    Hi,

    I was given a workbook containing a chart from a collegue .I saved the
    format of this chart as a custom Chart format

    The Chart is used for measuring/showing monthly sales against budget, and
    also contain a MAT line.

    My question is : I have I have data in my Targets Column, with the range
    shown as follows =SERIES(Data!$X$2;Data!$A$75:$A$86;Data!$X$75:$X$86;2)

    But I only See this target data only when I the series for my Sales Data
    has the same rows.
    I.e If my sales series is as follows, can only see the data in X75

    =SERIES(Data!$W$2;Data!$A$75:$A$86;Data!$W$75:$W$75;1)

    and likewise if My series is
    =SERIES(Data!$W$2;Data!$A$75:$A$86;Data!$W$75:$W$86;1)

    Can I see on my chart all target data in the RAnge X75:x86.

    It appears all other series's are dependent on whether there is a sales
    value in each month before other values ( i.e Targets) are shown

    Can someone help - I've looked in VB Editor, and cannot see any code relting
    to the graph, unless it is hidden.

    Thanks

    Rgds

    Daniel

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: conditional formatting in charts

    (a) What is the chart type? A stacked type may not show what you expect.
    (b) What's the data look like?

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Dan_Green
    Guest

    Re: conditional formatting in charts

    Hi Jon,

    The graph is a mixture of columns which show Sale, Target, each month along
    the x axis.
    In addition to this i have as lines culumative sales, and a 12 MAT line.

    Regarding the data: I've just the same data in different graphs that I
    havemade from Scratch and all target numbers show on the graph regardless of
    whether there are sales inthe same month, so I think I that the problem lies
    inthe formatiin of the graph. Could that be right ?

    Thanks again
    Daniel