vertical line chart

  1. #1
    Larissa
    Guest

    vertical line chart

    I need plot readings for 2 different meters for 31 days so that my lines in
    the line chart go vertically. Is this possible? Please help

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: vertical line chart

    Make an XY chart, with the date for Y and the meter readings for X. Make the
    chart with one series, then copy the second set of data, select the chart,
    and use Paste Special from the Edit menu to paste the data as a new series.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Larissa
    Guest

    Re: vertical line chart

    Thank you Jon, it did not work the way you have outlined it, but combined
    with my visit to your website yesterday it gave food for thought and I just
    did it the following way:
    I highlighted all 3 colums of data, went to chart wizard, chose scatter
    chart, and then is step 2 of wizard specified what data for both series
    should be treated as x, what data should be treated as y and what should be
    treated as names of series. From that point on it was a matter of setting the
    scale for axis x correctly to see exactly what I intended to appear on the
    chart.
    Great stuff, now I am thinking outside the box.

    Larissa

  4. #4
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: vertical line chart

    Hi Larissa -

    > Great stuff, now I am thinking outside the box.

    Best place to be.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
    _______