Adding frills to a Gantt chart

  1. #1
    ddflip
    Guest

    Adding frills to a Gantt chart

    I've created a Gantt chart showing elapsed time from application to
    acceptance of a request. Since it covers over 3 years there isn't paper big
    enough to be able to identify even an approximation of the dates. In
    addition, some instances only have an application date and no acceptance date
    so there is no bar at all. Is there some way to place an indicator for the
    start date and (if available) the end date. And in a perfect world, would it
    be possible to print the date above the plot point (allbeit in a tiny font)?
    Thanks in advance for any help.

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Adding frills to a Gantt chart

    You might find something here that you can use:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttChart.html

    And if you can locate a marker anywhere, you can apply a label to it:

    Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
    John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
    _______

    news:[email protected]...