Charts not updating when data feeding chart is changed

  1. #1
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Charts not updating when data feeding chart is changed

    I have a chart embedded in a worksheet and when the data that populates the
    chart is changed, the data displayed on the chart does not change. We
    saved the workbook, closed it and reopened it and all was good with the
    world. Can someone explain to me why the charts are not updated when the
    data is changed?

    Thanks,
    Barb Reinhardt

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: Charts not updating when data feeding chart is changed

    Last time I had that problem I had forgotten to hit Enter key after typing
    new data!
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    cyndi
    Guest

    RE: Charts not updating when data feeding chart is changed

    I have the same problem right now, and I am hitting the enter key, did you
    ever figure out why this was happening

  4. #4
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    RE: Charts not updating when data feeding chart is changed

    We tried recalculating and that didn't do it. The person with the problem
    emailed it to me and when I opened it on my system, all was OK. I went back
    to her desk and had her reopen the doc and it was graphing properly. Beyond
    that, I never found out.