Boxplots with outliers

  1. #1
    Confuzzled.
    Guest

    Boxplots with outliers

    Hi,

    I'm doing this assignment for Maths and I need to do parallel boxplots. I
    know how to do them on Excel, but one of the boxplots has outliers and I MUST
    plot them in, but I have no idea how to do that. I was hoping that someone
    would be able to tell or show me how to do that.

    I'd appreciate it.
    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Boxplots with outliers

    After doing the boxplots
    (http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhiskerV.html) I would collect the
    outlying data into a single range, one column for X and one for Y, where X
    is the order of the category corresponding to the outlier. Add this data to
    the chart, and plot it as an XY series with markers (using the star marker)
    and no lines.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
    _______

    news:[email protected]...