dot plot - single x axis location with multiple y axis dots

  1. #1

    dot plot - single x axis location with multiple y axis dots

    I'd like to make a dot plot that has multiple y axis values for a single x axis value. For example, I'd like to have two locations on the x axis, one labeled "girls" and the other labeled "boys". The y axis would be height. Then above the "girls" label, there would be one dot for each girl in the room at the height of that girl and the same thing for the boys. Is this possible in Excel?

    Thanks.

    Eric

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: dot plot - single x axis location with multiple y axis dots

    Eric -

    Use 0.25 for the left gender and 0.75 for the right, and plot this data as
    an XY chart. Then hide the default axis labels and use this technique to add
    custom X axis labels for "Girls" and "Boys":

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
    _______

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3