How do I put a formula in a dialogue box; to be placed on a chart

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Wisco
    Guest

    How do I put a formula in a dialogue box; to be placed on a chart

    I want to create a separate little box on my chart that will contain a
    formula that references cells not necessarily contained in the data ranges.
    Microsoft Excel 2002 on a WinXP SP-2 operating system. It would look like a
    text box in the upper right corner of the chart, but would contain a formula,
    NOT TEXT.

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How do I put a formula in a dialogue box; to be placed on a chart

    You mean you want to link the textbox to a cell? Select the textbox, then
    type = in the formula bar and click on the cell.

    You cannot build a full-fledged formula in a textbox like this; build the
    formula in a worksheet cell, and link the textbox to this cell.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
    _______

    news:[email protected]...